Thursday, October 20, 2011

Labour Day celebrations

The ceremony for the practical (as opposed to official) end of summer took place at my chum Deb and Mike's camp on Bright Lake. There was great food and lots of music.  Pictured is Paulette and Bob singing "Jeremiah was a Bullfrog" with Patty, Deb, Fern and others providing backup.  Bob stayed behind to finish up some floor truss work in the loft and I camped the night in Anne and John's tent, having had a few beers it was no time to drive.  I was prepared with my sleeping bag and wooly socks.  It was my first time camping in tent since when I was in my twenties.....that's right, over 30 years ago....  Compared to my old canvas tent, this new style nylon vented one was very comfy.   I was alarmed at first that it had the appearance of a sultan's tent, but John assured me that the arrangements were all very respectful, which they were as well as comfortable.  I had a great time, thanks to Deb and Mike for the gathering and to Anne for giving me some barefoot horse hoof trimming tips while she was here.