Monday, May 16, 2011

That's it for these stairs...finally

Here are the finally finished basement stairs, sealed to the treads and wall with a product called DAB.  This is dispensed like caulking from a tube and meant for use in carpentry.  Bob is very handy putting this on in one stroke and dressing it with one swipe of a finger.   I did this job and managed to have to do odd looking gymnastics to get the DAB to the bottom underside of the bull nosing on the treads, which I followed by repeated dressing to get a smooth surface.  The latter resulted in me having DAB all over me, my painting clothes and parts of the stairs that did not need DAB'ing.   Fortunately it is washable with water when still wet, so I DAB'd and cleaned as I went, but looked quite a sight in the process.   This time George stayed well out of the way and I managed to get touch up painting on it without too much on Harley, George, Ivan, Gabby or Bob.   It is a good thing that I do not have latex allergies, as wearing gloves is the only way that I can prevent my hands from having their color adjusted.