Monday, February 7, 2011

Peeking around the corner

Naturally it is Mago peeking around the corner at me, where I am on the front porch of the house.  Once again, he hopes that we will play together.  Yesterday I watched him galloping around the pen with his mane flowing and his tail flagged up in the air, round and round the three mares who stood stoically with disinterest as he tore about and played in the snow.  Here is a creature who understands the joy of the moment.  He can often be found hopping about on his hind legs, flapping his "Jolly Ball" up and down by the handle.  The only encouragement that he needs to play is for me to show up and swing his halter and lead over my head, then he comes galloping and tries to stuff his head into the halter (or steal it, depending on his mood).   He is the answer to feeling sad in any way.